LOCATION: 281 High St, Maitland NSW 2320
CLIENT: Maitland City Council
COMMENCEMENT DATE: May 2019
COMPLETED: May 2020
The historic Maitland Town Hall, which is recognised as a cultural item of State significance, was completed in 1890, with the clock tower later installed in 1936. The structure included a two-storey office section and a public hall behind. The building is protected under the NSW Heritage Act 1977 and has undergone major maintenance over the years.
In 2019, HBS Group were engaged to carry out the complex restoration works to the historic town hall clock tower.
HIGHLIGHTS/SCOPE OF WORKS:
- Erected external scaffold and temporary steel support for scaffold around the tower
- Termite inspection conducted and termite repairs completed to the tower floors
- Restoration works to the clock face
- Water protection and replacement of the galvanised shingles at the dome at the top of the tower.
- Stone indent and repointing brickwork
- Remove balustrades and details pieces for moulds – repair and reinstatement
- Render Repairs
- Painting works to clocktower external
- Lightning protection works