LOCATION: 2-8 Weston Street, Balmain NSW
CLIENT: Leichhart Municipal Council
COMMENCEMENT DATE: October 2011
COMPLETED: April 2012
The 1880s Fenwick Stone Building is listed on the state heritage list and in 2011 HBS was engaged to carry out the building’s restoration.
Currently, it is privately managed, with provisions made for functions, including weddings and community and corporate events.
HIGHLIGHTS/SCOPE OF WORKS:
- Demolition of iron fixings, concrete lintels, iron bars to ground floor windows.
- Installation of termite barriers.
- Extensive restoration of existing stonework and construction of a new stone parapet incorporating a large, stepped arch and coping stones. Repoint inside and out, including repair stonework as required to make good.
- Replacement of timber first-floor structure and new temporary staircase.
- Construction of a new timber-framed roof, cathead beam and flagpole.
- Installation of insulation and sarking to roof.
- Installation of new metal sheet roofing and roof plumbing.
- Refurbishment and replacement of windows and doors.
- Installation of ceiling linings and timber floorboards
- Floor sanding.
- New electrical and security works.