LOCATION: 813 Vistoria Road, Ryde NSW
CLIENT: City of Ryde
COMMENCEMENT DATE: March 2013
COMPLETED: September 2013
The oldest residence in Ryde, Addington House was built between 1794 and 1841. The single-storey sandstone premises is heritage listed and is often open to the public for viewing.
HIGHLIGHTS/SCOPE OF WORKS:
- The scope included the repair and conservation of the external and internal building fabric of Addington House and adjacent privy, including: repair of decaying brickwork, underpinning of two walls, removal of inappropriate brick pointing and repointing of brickwork, removal of cement render at the western end of the house, and repair and replacement of rainwater goods.
- Installation of flashing to verandah roof
- Repairs to timber verandah posts
- Structural crack repairs
- Cleaning out of stormwater drainage lines
- Minor repairs to timber flooring
- Minor repairs to door hardware
- Repainting of new and existing timber and galvanised steel rainwater goods
- Repair/replacement of Addington House rainwater goods
- Supply and installation of new glavanised steel eaves, gutters and downpipes to the privy
- Removal of rust from and anti-rust treatment of the Morewood & Rogers profile tiles over the southern section of the verandah.