Classed as Georgian Revival style, this landmark civic building was built between 1937 and 1938 and was used primarily as the council chambers. Today, the building is suitable for rehearsals, community meetings, conferences and small private functions, with a large hall and/or a committee room available for hire.
Masonry repairs – demolition and reconstruction of parapets, replacement of all lintels, repointing of all façades, reconstruction of failed brickwork to predetermined areas.
Scaffold – erection of scaffold to all façades, A-class hoarding to street frontages and B-class hoarding to loading zone.
Structural steel – strengthening of existing roof rafters.
Demolition – removal of asbestos from eaves, removal of GPOs, light fittings, A/C, floor coverings.
New kitchen installed.
Concreting – construction of new access ramp.
Hard landscaping, stone paving, tactiles and brass handrails.
Roofing – removal and replacement of existing roof, box gutters and parapet capping.
Cleaning – general cleaning, including final site clean.
FC sheeting – replacement of eaves.
Plaster/render/skim coat – to existing walls and ceilings, new ramp, window reveals.
Painting – to general internal and external surfaces.
Flooring – replacement of carpet and vinyl and make good existing timber floors including sanding and resurfacing.
Electrical – removal/replacement of existing DB and circuits with the exception of all amenities.
Mechanical – upgrade to new natural gas system heat exchanger and FCUs.